To provide enterprise infrastructure management through a combination of open source products, clustered virtualization, and network architecture.
In 2006, John Rives, founded Amniox a privately held corporation focused on developing custom technology infrastructure and management solutions. Amniox satisfies the growing demand for consulting services in these rapidly expanding fields through a combination of over a decade of Linux and Open Source Software experience, and an extensive background in information security. Amniox is uniquely positioned to assist organizations in implementing technical solutions that leverage cutting edge technologies such as virtualization and clustering.
John L. Rives, President
John Rives began his information technology career in 1995 as part of a select technical mentorship program at NASA Langley Research Center. While at NASA, he worked on parallel computing projects developing distributed mathematical programs. After NASA, he worked as an independent contractor for the U.S. Army providing technical training and personnel development services for soldiers and Department of Defense civilians in Germany. In 1999, he shifted his attention from government services to the private sector as a network and security consultant to German telecommunications providers. In the spring of 2000, he returned to the U.S. to continue his work in information security at a healthcare startup in Nashville, TN. For the next five years he managed information security efforts for healthcare companies, including empactHealth, WebMD, Global Healthcare Exchange, and Community Health Systems. In 2005, he returned to providing private consulting services in enterprise security and networking, open source software, and the growing field of virtualized infrastructure. John is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (www.isc2.org), Security Certified Network Professional (www.securitycertified.net), and member of the Bellevue Chamber of Commerce.
Amniox clients range from multinational organizations to regional businesses with an interest in enhancing their existing technical management processes and infrastructure.
- Reduced client regulatory compliance costs by over $400K through the use of open source security tools and custom management systems
- Developed proprietary installation and management system to automate the creation and administration of clustered Xen virtualization environments
- Designed a custom Linux LiveCD distribution to facilitate offsite access to secure client resources
- Performed forensic analysis and prevention reports on systems suspected of tampering or compromise
- Engineered a custom Linux based security appliance for intrusion detection, network monitoring, and vulnerability tracking at over 100 client facilities